Apply for the Coordinated Program
Apply for the Accelerated Coordinated Program
Before You Apply
To plan for a successful application, we have identified some important steps you can take during the first four semesters of your undergraduate program.
- Complete UK CORE and pre-dietetics major requirements
- Maintain a minimum GPA of least a 3.0
- Participate in volunteer activities
- Join and participate in professional organizations
- Participate in extracurricular activities, such as student organizations
The selection committee is composed of the Program Director, appointed DHN faculty, and an external stakeholder who will objectively rate the application materials using a rubric based on the following criteria:
- Academic ability – overall GPA and science GPA
- Work and volunteer experience
- Personal attributes – as evaluated by interview, letters of recommendation and personal statement
Ready to Apply
During the fall semester of Year 3 of the program, follow the steps below to complete and submit your application.
- Review the Accelerated Coordinated Program Application Preparation Tips and follow carefully
- Review the Accelerated Coordinated Program Handbook
- Complete application materials outlined below
- Secure two references in advance, including faculty and employer/volunteer supervisor
- Write a strong 2-page personal statement (seek input from the UK Writing Center)
Submit application packet electronically or as a hard copy to our Accelerated Coordinated Program Director at by the application deadline of October 1 at 11:59 pm.
A maximum of 14 candidates will be selected for acceptance into the Accelerated Coordinated Program. All applicants will be notified by e-mail.
Use the Accelerated Coordinated Program Application Checklist to ensure you have included all items before submitting your packet.
Download the Application Form to get started.
Use the Recommendation Form to seek one academic recommendation and one professional work or volunteer recommendation.
Connect With Us
Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition
204 Funkhouser Building
Lexington, KY 40506